Tuesday, July 10, 2012


Why do you stand in
My way
This is me
Coming back to you.

I can see you
Turned away
Shouting into the wind
Turn around
Your words are blowing away from me
This is me
Coming back to you

My feet barefoot
Map the pebble stones
You have strewn
On this street
But my wounded feet
Walk on
Cant you see
This is me
Coming back to you.

All this poison ivy
All your words
So crass
And crisp
And hard on your tongue
Won’t stop me dear
This is me
Coming back to you.

That mirage of you
Melts
The warp and weft of you.
I don’t have the right
Words for you
But I’m coming back
So I can touch you
This me love,
Coming back for you.

Stand still now
Don’t you go running
We’ve played this chase too long.
This time there is no turning
This is me my love
This time I’m coming back to you.






No comments: